Born on June 3rd 1933 in Davos (Switzerland)
Son of HH.Prince Xhelal Zogu and Faika Minxhalli, He is King Leka I first cousin.
On April the 7th 1939, with a group of Albanian personalities he left Albania for Istanbul (via Skoplié).
Skender Zogu is recognized and respected by the Albanian diaspora for his fight against Communism and his contribution towards the return of the Monarchy in Albania. Skender is currently the head Senator within the Legality Party, and has been very active in supporting this party with its political ambitions.
He has also been very involved in charity events whilst been very active in the early years of the return of democracy in Albania as a democratic activist. In later years he was a organizer of the diaspora in support of the Kosova liberation Army, and continues his support for the recognition process of Kosovas independence.
- Finished his secondary school in Istanbul. On October 1947 he left Turkey for Egypt and Finished the French College of St.Marc. He later obtained his GCE at Victoria College.Left Alexandria with the Royal Family for Cannes on July 25th.
- At the Huddersfield College of Technology which later became the University of Huddersfield(York), Skender graduated in 1958 in Textile and Color Chemistry.
- He Worked for one year for LB Holiday,dye manufacturers, later moving to France where he got a job as a senior technologist with a French firm Francolor, (Villers St.Paul Works) where he Worked for 25 years as a textile Printing Specialist.
- In 1986 til 1999 he joint KVK Danemark as a Textile sales Manager for France,Turkey Australia etc.
- From 1980 till 1995 he was also head of the Press Office of the Royal Court in exile.
- Retired in 1999.
Awards and Merits:
- Received 2 ACIT awards in Textiles.
- Wrote and published a technical book "Printing of Textiles".
- He has received the declaration of the Order of "Skanderbej" as recognition for his serves to the Albanian Nation and intensive activities in the Diaspora.
He currently resides in Chantilly, France.